GACOGloucestershire Association of Cricket Officials (GACO) represents the best interests of umpires and scorers of all levels.
In conjunction with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and the Gloucestershire Cricket Foundation (GCF) GACO exists:
- To provide training and education programmes in order to aid performance. Including Umpire and Scorer Courses
- To improve umpire and scorer recruitment processes
- To appoint officials to all cricket matches when requested
- To liaise with other organisations both without and within the County of Gloucestershire
- To administer an assessment and improvement programme
- To agree an appropriate level of fees and expenses
- To manage GACO finances judiciously
|Education & Development Co-ordinator
Find a Course
To upskill new and develop existing umpires and scorers, GACO delivers a wide range of courses.
Gareth Dawson / Workforce Development Officer
Additionally, he will support the Gloucestershire Association of Cricket Officials (GACO) in developing an Officials Strategy that aims to grow the number of officials across the game. Increase the number of courses that are available to potential officials and work with GACO to transition volunteers from ‘course takers’ to ‘standing officials’.
Support the Gloucestershire Grounds Association in developing a programme of activity that supports ground staff across each year. Coordinate and manage both national and local Reward and Recognition events for all groups of volunteers. On top of practical delivery in schools, he will work with teachers to enhance their cricket delivery and work with universities/colleges to provide opportunities for students to gain qualifications and coaching experience.
Gareth is a Liverpool FC fan, a big follower of cricket around the world and plays his cricket at Hatherley & Reddings.