What is Dynamos Cricket?
It’s a brand new ECB programme which makes cricket accessible for everyone. It is the perfect place for children aged 8 to 11 years to begin on their cricket journey, but also as the next step for those who have finished All Stars Cricket.
- A national programme (details to follow about finding your nearest centre)
- For anyone aged eight to eleven
- 8 x 60 – 90 minute sessions, held over eight weeks
- Fun sessions, where skills are learned and developed
- A game each week, where new skills can be applied
- New format cricket
- Easy online registration
- Includes a personalised New Balance t-shirt
- Safe and fully accredited- delivered by Dynamos Activators
- Playing with wooden bats
- Money can’t buy experiences
A new format… Countdown Cricket
- Pairs cricket
- Teams of 6
- 60 balls per team (20 per pair)
- Stay in and see out 20 balls even if given out
- Simplified rules, soft ball, guaranteed opportunity
How can it work at your club?
- Alongside what you already offer for 8-11 year olds, run as a participation programme
- Your club offer for 8-11 year olds
- As a summer holiday programme
- As a girls only programme
What will your club will receive?
- Dynamos Cricket equipment and resources (with no cost to the centre)
- Access to national marketing campaigns and marketing guides to promote your centre to the local area
- County Cricket Board staff to help implement Dynamos Cricket at your clubs/centres
- Easy to use online system and tools
- £100 seed-funding on crowdfunding platform Spacehive
- New Balance t-shirts for Activators
- 20% Discount for activators at New Balance
- Online and face-to-face activator training for willing volunteers
Parent engagement: experience the fun and excitement of All Stars Cricket at home
These Dynamos Cricket activities are a great way to keep your child active around the house and in your garden. There are lots of different challenges for you and your child to take part in and all you need is a bat and a ball. Even if you don’t have that equipment don’t worry, you can always use a rolled-up pair of socks as a ball and a rolled-up magazine as a bat – be imaginative!
For even more games and challenges, download our Dynamos Cricket app, which contains 18 different skills challenge videos across bowling, batting and fielding. Complete challenges to earn virtual runs and get to the next level!
Chris Munden / Cricket Operations Manager
His role covers a wide range of areas including overseeing all schools cricket, the incredible National Programmes of All Stars and Dynamos, Chance To Shine Schools and Street programmes along with being the key lead for Adult league Cricket. Chris also manages the Workforce Development Officer, as a highly competent coaching workforce is so integral to the work areas that he leads on. In his time the GCB have won awards that he had led on, including Chance to Shine County of the Year and Street Chance Project of the Year.
As a local Bristolian, Chris is a Bristol City fan, who enjoys all sports. Chris is married, has two beautiful daughters, plays local cricket and enjoys a good hack at golf.