We’re excited to advertise for a Women’s & Girls’ Development Officer to drive and grow opportunities for women and girls to participate in cricket.
- Contract: Permanent Contract, 37.5 hours a week
- Responsible to: Operations Manager
- Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum (depending on experience), plus benefits
Never has there been a better time to work in the women and girls’ game. In the ECB Strategy, Inspiring Generations, ‘Transform Women’s and Girls’ Cricket’ has been identified as one of the six priorities and it is the requirement of Counties to deliver significantly in this area.
In Gloucestershire we have a strong base in which to build from but there is still so much more that can be achieved. For this we are looking to appoint an outstanding individual to drive growth in this area through the delivery in schools, the support of local clubs and through wider community outreach programmes.
The newly recruited Development Officer will have an exciting opportunity to introduce and drive aspects of the new ‘Inspiring Gloucestershire’ strategy. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following areas of the game:
- Support the Head of Women & Girls’ to Increase the number of clubs with Women’s and/or Girls’ sections.
- Enhance the delivery to girls in schools, both Primary and Secondary.
- Maximise the girls only opportunities at cricket clubs through the All Stars and Dynamos Cricket programmes.
- Maintain and develop existing year-round Women’s and Girls’ playing offers.
The Gloucestershire Cricket Foundation seeks to employ a highly motivated and competent Development Officer that will work within the Cricket Development team. You will need to be passionate about, and committed to, the development of the women’s and girls’ game. Part of the role’s focus will be working with traditional cricket partners, such as clubs and schools, however we would also expect the role to investigate new markets and partners to help drive participation to new audiences. With that in mind we are seeking an innovative individual who will bring enthusiasm and fresh ideas.
Candidates must demonstrate both team working skills and the ability to work unsupervised using their own initiative. You will be a self-starter with energy and enthusiasm together with good administration and organisational skills. Equally you will be an excellent communicator with a passion for the development of cricket/sport for young people.
Job Description & Advert
- Women & Girls’ Cricket Development Officer Advert Sept ’23
- Women & Girls Cricket Development Officer Job Description Sept ’23
To apply please complete the anonymised questions via the Application Form. Whilst you will supply your name and email address the application process will be anonymised before review by our recruitment panel; only at this point will your details be used to communicate about the next stage in the process.
If shortlisted, the second stage will request you to complete our application form and provide a covering letter to enable final shortlisting for invitation to face to face interviews, which will include the delivery of a session in a school along with an interview.
- Deadline to complete the Application Form – Sunday 8th October.
- Shortlisting will take place during the week of Monday 9th and contact will be made with all applicants by end of work on Wednesday 11th October.
- The interview date is TBC but will be during the week of Monday 16th October.